Work Permit Renewal
Through this service, employers can submit a request for renewing the employee's work permit before it expires. In case the employee has dependants, their permits will be renewed upon the employee's renewal.
- Visit one of the accredited banks to apply for the permit renewal or click here to apply for the service through LMRA's EMS system.
- If applied through the EMS system, fill in the required fields and pay the fees online. The Renewal will be validated immediately after the submission. If, everything is as per the regulations, your permit will be printed on the same day.
- Print the Resident permit by visiting Bahrain's National Portal or by contacting Nationality, Passports and Residence Affairs (NPRA).
- The applicant must be registered in the system as a responsible or authorized person in LMRA on the establishment.
- The employee must be present in the Kingdom of Bahrain at the time of submission and processing of the renewal application.
- Permits can be renewed for 6 months, 1 year or 2 years as per the employer request, with the payment of (BHD 50 for 6 months, BHD 100 for 1 year permit and BHD 200 for 2 years permit).
- Basic Health Care fees for work permit Renewal (BHD 36 for 6 months, BHD 72 for 1 year permit and BHD 144 for 2 years permit).
- Dependants permits fees are BHD 90 for renewal regardless of the primary expatriate's work permit period.
- The Permit can be renewed 6 months prior to expiry (if the existing permit was for 2 years).
- The Permit can be renewed 6 months prior to expiry (if the existing permit was for 1 year).
- The Permit can be renewed 5 months prior to expiry (if the existing permit was for 6 months).
- Passport must be valid for at least two months.
|Service Counter||Client services directorate: Headquarters, Executive Services, Seef Mall - Al Muharraq and Riffa - Buhair|
|Contact Centre||+973 17506055|
|Centre||Area||Day||Service Counter Hours|
|LMRA Headquarters (Front offices and Executive Services)||Sanabis||Sunday - Thursday||7:30 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Mina Salman (For Clearing offices)||Mina Salman||Sunday - Thursday||7:30 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Seef Mall - Al Muharraq||Al Muharraq||Saturday - Thursday||8:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Riffa - Buhair||Riffa - Buhair||Saturday - Thursday||8:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
Phone Service Hours: 7:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Last Update: Thursday 16 March 2023