Labour Market Indicators
Total Employment Reaches 746,145 in the Fourth Quarter of 2022
- Foreign workers employment reached 582,674 workers by the end of the fourth quarter of 2022. Non-Bahraini employment increased by an annual rate of 9.9% compared to 530,159 workers in the same quarter of last year.
- Bahraini employment increased to reach 163,471 workers by the end of this quarter representing an annual growth rate of 3.4% compared to 158,029 workers in the fourth quarter of 2021.
- The number of new employment work permits issued by LMRA during the fourth quarter was 40,591 representing a decrease rate of 20.2% annually.
- The share of small organizations, employing less than 10 workers, of employment work permits was 49.4% of total new employment work permits issued during the last quarter of 2022.
- Median monthly wages for Bahrainis reached BHD 558 this quarter. The Median wage of Bahrainis was BHD 551 in the same quarter a year before showing increase at the rate of 1.3%.
Download Newsletter PDF (112 KB)
For more information: Bahrain Labour Market Indicator
Last Update: Sunday 12 March 2023