Labour Market Indicators
Total Employment Reaches 770,129 Workers in the Second Quarter of Year 2023
- Foreign workers employment reached 609,028 workers by the end of the second quarter of 2023. Non-Bahraini employment increased by an annual rate of 8.1% compared to 563,332 workers in the same quarter of last year.
- Bahraini employment was 161,101 workers by the end of the second quarter representing an annual growth rate of -0.2% compared to 161,430 workers in the second quarter of 2022.
- The number of new employment work permits issued by LMRA during the second quarter of 2023 was representing a decrease rate of 13.5% annually.
- The share of small organizations, employing less than 10 workers, of employment work permits was 50.5% of total new employment work permits issued during the second quarter of year 2023.
- Median monthly wages for Bahrainis reached BHD 575 this quarter. The Median wage of Bahrainis was BHD 559 in the same quarter a year before showing increase at the rate of 2.9%.
For more information: Bahrain Labour Market Indicator
Last Update: Monday 7 August 2023